The goal of this course is to teach the fundamental skills and concepts to build parametric models parts and assemblies and how to make simple drawings of those parts and assemblies. This course is designed around a process-based training approach emphasizing the processes and procedures necessary to complete a particular task. By utilizing case studies to illustrate these processes, you learn the necessary commands, options and menus in the context of completing a design task.
The primary objective of this courseware is to teach students the concepts of Modeling and introduce the tools for parametric design using SOLIDWORKS, after completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the benefits of SOLIDWORKS
- Use the fundamental features of SOLIDWORKS
- Use the parametric 3D design tools to design projects
- Create detailing and drafting views
- Create construction drawings
- Use the presentation tools for presenting models
SOLIDWORKS Professional 10 class x 2.5 hours = 25 hours
|COURSE TEXTBOOKS AND OTHER READING MATERIALS|
We recommend the following resources:
- Basic knowledge and skills about using computers.
- Mechanical Engineering background is recommended.
Attendance 40% Assignments (workshop + 2 projects) 60% To pass the course and receive CAD MASTERS certificate you should:
- Attend at least 80% of course hours.
- Score more than 70% as a total score.